Otamatea Christian School is an independent Christian, co-educational school with a warm family atmosphere and an emphasis on character training, values education and high academic standards. Our school has a fine record of providing opportunities for all students who are determined to succeed and who wish to achieve to their full potential. Our senior students strive to achieve a variety of certificates including our High School Advanced Certificate and our Certificate of Achievement with Level 3 endorsements which are both accepted as university entrance for Universities and Tertiary Institutes throughout New Zealand.
We aim to assist our students to take full responsibility for their learning and behaviour and we know that quality learning comes from a close partnership between home and school. As a school we encourage parents and caregivers to be an integral part of the school.
We have qualified caring staff who encourage all students:
• To aim for excellence
• To work towards achieving their God-given potential in all areas including the arts, sports and academics.
• To have enquiring minds, a sense of discipline, co-operation and responsibility.
• To develop an appreciation of their cultural background, a capacity for leadership, concern and respect for others.
• To demonstrate high standards of honesty, integrity, courtesy, tolerance and loyalty.
• To prepare for future tertiary and vocational opportunities and to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for their chosen career.
I look forward to meeting students who join our school family and have chosen OCS as their educational provider whether you are a day student, an international visitor or working from home as a distance learner. I know that your association with Otamatea Christian School will be challenging, stimulating and rewarding throughout your educational journey.