Thank you for your interest in our school. I look forward to welcoming new students and international students who are motivated to experience Christian Education in a New Zealand rural setting.
Otamatea Christian School is an independent Christian, co-educational school with a warm family atmosphere and an emphasis on character training, values education and high academic standards. Our school has a fine record of providing opportunities for all students who are determined to succeed and who wish to achieve to their full potential. Our senior students strive for the A.C.E Academic Year 12 and Year 13 certificate of Christian Education which is accepted as entry level into New Zealand Universities and Tertiary Institutes throughout New Zealand.
We aim to assist our students to take full responsibility for their learning and behaviour and we know that quality learning comes from a close partnership between home and school. As a school we encourage parents and caregivers to be an integral part of the school.
We have qualified caring staff who encourage all students:
• To aim for excellence
• To work towards achieving their God-given potential in all areas
• To have enquiring minds, a sense of discipline, co-operation and responsibility.
• To develop an appreciation of their cultural background, a capacity for leadership and concern and respect for others.
• To demonstrate high standards of honesty, integrity, courtesy, tolerance and loyalty.
• To prepare for future tertiary and vocational opportunities and to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for their chosen career.
I look forward to meeting students who have chosen New Zealand as an educational destination and I hope that the association with Otamatea Christian School will be challenging and rewarding throughout your stay in our country.
Mark Bell Principal